This information is from the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, and describes very clearly the benefits of Sensory Awareness practice. It is reprinted here with their permission.
Why Do Practices Matter?
Contemplative practices can help you improve your relationships with yourself and other people. More specifically, the benefits of practice include:
Transforming your relationship with yourself:
- Generating an overall sense of calm and well-being
- Managing your stress and its impact on your body
- Deepening your self-understanding
- Sharpening your focus, concentration, and insight
- Upholding your core values in your personal and professional life
Improving your relationships with others:
- Enabling you to treat people with compassion and wisdom
- Helping you to see conflicts from different angles, opening up creative possibilities for problem-solving and resolving disagreement
- Improving your listening skills
Enriching your relationship with the world around you:
- Increasing your global awareness and appreciation for the interconnection of all life
- Developing the ability to question, explore, adapt to rapid change, and deal with complexity